We encourage all and any community members to step up and get involved at the City Heights Community Fridge.Volunteers of all ages & abilities are welcomed to participate.
Sign Up Genius
- Sign Up for a shift using the Sign Up Genius Upkeeping Form. After signing up, send the message @upkeep to 81010 to join the Remind App and keep in contact as a volunteer.
- After your shift you will need to fill out the Maintenance and Inventory Form posted on the side of the fridge or you can access the link below so that your hours are recorded and we can keep track of the fridge condition.
Tasks for Volunteers
- Organize fridge & pantry according to labels
- Sanitize the fridge
- Folding plastic bags
- Deep clean fridge weekly (every Sunday)
- Fill out maintenance and inventory form after every shift
- Check expiration dates (throw away expired items)
- Take updated pictures of fridge & pantry
Benefits to Volunteering
- Helping out the community
- Community service hours
- Practicing prevention of COVID outside of your home